BE YOURSELF!!

The other day, I had a great conversation with a close friend of mine.

We were talking about the importance of being yourself, under any and all circumstances. The toltec teachings are extremely powerful when it comes to living a life of INTEGRITY! And both of us have read The Four Agreements once or twice before.

One of the agreements is to "don't take anything personally" I realize that this is a huge one for me. I must admit, I have always taken things personally. Even if someone said something to a friend that I felt was wrong--I still took it personally. I was always ready to get in an argument and I realize now, that I don't want to drain my energy in this way anymore! I can actually choose differently and not be run by my ego's desire to be RIGHT all the time.

Once I had the "epiphany" if you will, i felt this sensation of openness and relaxation. I was no longer in "frustration" mode and I could breathe easier! I also made a decision with myself that if I want to be happy, truly happy as often as possible, I am going to have to DROP this propensity to argue and get upset. Learning to not take anything personally is part of becoming a woman (or man) of integrity and wisdom. SO how does this tie in with learning to be yourself? Well, because I wasn't being myself when I would get angry and upset because of taking something personally. I was BEING ANGRY AND UPSET and that's not who I am.

Wow! this learning and growing stuff is pretty awesome. From this day forward I choose to wake up each morning with the mantra "today I choose to be myself and this includes, not taking anything personally...or to put it in a more positive note "to always listen to what is being said underneath the words."

Till next time!
love,
Cynthia

http://www.ARealOpportunityForWealth.com (THIS BUSINESS HAS CHANGED MY LIFE)!~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GEt Busy LIving or Get Busy Dying!

Three Steps For The Mindset Of Marketing

What Does it Mean To Be REAL?